It's here, half way (the DSM320)!
So yesterday a package lands at my front door (actually the package looked like something landed on it) and I don't think it's the post office's fault as the package was over stuffed. I opened the box and found all the bits and bobs for the D-Link DSM320, Well what bits and bobs there were. There were no cables, manuals, or CD. The manuals and CD are not a problem as I downloaded those the other day from D-Link. The remote, WiFi antenna were there and so was the DSM3200. But the most surprising thing was that the power cord is not for US use (ARGH!). I searched the Internet for European plugs and found that it's a Australia/New Zealand 3112 without ground pin. I checked the power supply and it can handle anything from 110 - 230Vac and 50/60 Hz. That means a zip cord for now (2 insulated alligator clips on a standard AC cord). So I will not being doing business with this company again! I just hope this thing works. So it's off to Radio Shack. Thankfully, there's one nearby that still has some of the electronic parts and a manual switch box. I've got to hook up an XBox, Tivo, VCR, funky little game system (another toy D gave me), external connect from my digital camera and the DSM320 to the TV. Wonder were I'm going to put the Myth box when I get around to building that. :-)
Update: I built a zip cord and made sure the line goes to line and neutral to neutral (otherwise I could cause an electrocution hazard). I was able to bring up the wired network connection, configure the device and play music (I have nothing else on my server yet). I'm now fighting with wiring it into an existing TV/Tivo setup. I want to put a VCR in between (so I can wire everything else through the auxiliary input of the VCR). So far that isn't working very well.
PPS: It turns out I didn't properly read the Amazon ad for the DSM320, it did clearly state that the unit was purchased in Australia/New Zealand, my bad. In the end I do have a working unit so I shouldn't complain. :-)