Friday, December 29, 2006

A big Thank You!

For the most part I'm in a pretty good mood today. I've managed to get a better understanding of HTML and all the little nuances involved with character sets, DTD's inheritance and browser idiosyncrasies. I can't say I'm anywhere near knowing how to properly build a web site but I at least understand what goes into it. I never knew designing web pages required so much knowledge! So I guess I should apologize for my statements yesterday with respect to IE. I found that if I changed the DTD from XHTML 1.0 strict to XHTML 1.0 transitional things worked better. I now have to run everything through the HTML & CSS checker but it should be too bad this time. I also have to clean out the style sheets as I now have a lot of cruft being left behind by all the changes.

Today I also received information from Wiley, the publisher of my book: Linux Smart Homes For Dummies, that the book has sold 2015 copies from 7/2 8 through 10/31 (3 months). While not a number 1 best seller on the NY Times Best Seller list I'm still proud of it's sales. I won't find out how well it sold at Christmas time until April (it appears to be a quarterly report). I hope it did well, I thought it would be a good gift for the geek crowd but I am biased. I am after all a geek. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home