Thursday, November 02, 2006

MS Linux, WTFrell?

Today, Microsoft and Novell have announced 'broad business and technical collaboration agreements' (Microsoft) to make their products work better together. OK, does anyone really believe that Microsoft is out to help the Linux community? Hello, remember OS/2? Let's face it, M$ is out for it's own gain and unless Novell really careful M$ is going to take advantage of this much to the detriment of Novell and Linux. I'm sure M$ is out to put a dent in Linux's armor in some way. One comment that did standout is: "The patent cooperation agreement enables Microsoft and Novell to give customers assurance of protection against patent infringement clams." Hmm, that sounds like FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt) to me.

Well I'm still fixing up the home server. My web site automation code is not longer working (sitecopy seems to be broken). I attempted to download the entire site and it failed. I instead used scp -r userid@system.url: . and that worked well. I still have much to clean up. That's the reason I haven't posted much yet. I really need to get work on this so I can get back in swing.

2 Comments:

At 11/05/2006 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Neil,

Any luck on getting the INSTEON PowerLinc driver working with MisterHouse? Have a great day!

Jon
jon at greenvillemove dot com

 
At 11/05/2006 2:44 PM, Blogger Neil Cherry said...

Kind of, we (Dave and I) found the source of the problem but not how to fix it. Right now we have a hack to works around the problem. Also it's still only X10 at this time. I still need to send back my Insteon equipment (recall and repair). Been a bit busy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home