My first step towards using Insteon
I'm in a really good mood! I spent the last few days working on Perl code to use the Serial PowerLinc V2 (Insteon controller). Yesterday I disconnected my CM11A from Misterhouse (MH) and replaced it with my PowerLinc! I'm now running MH with my iplcs code. So far I only have the On and Off code working. I need to work on the rest of the code (DIM, PRESET DIM, STATUS, Extended, etc.) but I'm happy to finally gotten this to work. So over the next few weeks I'll be testing my code. I need to put together some kind of package so others can use it. After that I'll get to adding an Insteon package to properly support Insteon devices. Right now I'm just using them as X10 devices. Unfortunately I also spent a bit more time on this than I would have liked to. So now it's back to the book.
On the book front, I did managed to get part of it reorganized such that it now has a section on Misterhouse (that's several chapters). The book now has at least 2 authors, which is a good thing as I'm much slower at writing than expected. Writing is book is difficult. Knowing how to do something and explaining it so others can do it is really tough. I now have a much higher respect for the entire process of writing a book. But I still may be stupid enough to do it again. ;-) Hopefully this book will be good enough so people will want to buy it.