Sunday, October 12, 2008

That was painful!

I compiled everything I needed for MediaTomb (ffmpeg, vlc, etc). Some things were easy to compile and install. Others a little more painful. Of everything I installed, VLC was the most painful. When I visited the web site there were plenty of other packages that were mentioned so I knew I was in for a lot of work but the stuff that they didn't mention was the painful part. Things like Lua, and things like liba52 and a few other things that I told it not to use (--disable-xxx). Oddly enough I was able to disable QT (I have no intention of running VLC with the GUI). The way I'd find out I needed another package was to compile VLC and wait for an error (missing glib.h, or lua.h or somethingelse.h). It's a very difficult way to do things. I have no idea why it was so difficult. One thing I will do is recompile MediaTomb since now I have a lot more of the stuff I excluded in it's first compile. Hopefully I haven't messed things up and I'll find out sometime this week after I test out the mms transcoding for the local radio stations with my WMLS11B.


Post a Comment

<< Home