Thursday, December 18, 2008

Smart Homes and the TV show "Wife Swap"

Because I was busy with school I couldn't post this topic until now. During the summer I received an interesting email from a Casting Producer for ABC's "Wife Swap", her name is Gaby. Gaby was "... casting our fifth season at the moment and we're looking for one-of-a-kind families with plenty of personality. This season, we would love to feature a family that lives in a smart house! It would be a great help if you could forward the below casting call to your clients or anyone you think would be interested in participating in this once in a lifetime adventure!". Well I don't have any clients (yet) and at the moment this is just a hobby which I hope to turn into a business someday. While it might have sounded like a tempting offer I would have passed no matter what. First my wife and I don't match the initial criteria of having children (do dogs count?) nor do my friends, also I'm not a big fan of TV. I've never seen wife swap. Second we're both going to school and very little free time anyway. Finally these shows are mainly about the soap opera atmosphere that ensues when you take a person out of their comfortable environment and put them into a new environment where the rules change. That is just plain cruel and I would never let my wife endure that kind of torture (it's bad enough she has to put up with me, but that's her fault). I don't know how long the episodes take to film but the money offered doesn't sound like it's enough for the ongoing soap opera. So I politely turned it down. It would have been a little bit of fun showing off the home automation but not the invasion of privacy and our comfort space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home