Tuesday, December 24, 2013

I've just had an apostrophe ... ;-)

Okay I just needed a sounding board to hear my thoughts. I can't discuss this with my wife as she doesn't understand this part of the technology (and she doesn't need to). One of the things I've been giving a lot of thought to is my node.js based HA system. I've been doing a lot of playing with objects and inheritance (really a requirement for this to work). It's not straight forward for Javascript but it's still possible. I'm still working out the details (and the architecture). I'm stealing a lot of ideas from Misterhouse. One thing I've done in MH is to add the devices to a floor plan. I think this is more natural than the big menu of buttons that so many HA systems have. Once I get a good handle on the inheritance I'll start working on the display objects (HTML5, CSS, and socket.io - more to architect ;-)). I've figured out the placement of the object on the display and the added information (a title attribute) given on hover. I need to work out the details of how to handle a single (left) click and what to do on a right click. Normal click should do what is normally expected of a single click. Such as on/off, open/close, or bring up the information or configuration page of a device. I'll still need to work out the floor plan and layout editor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home