Friday, February 18, 2022

Invisible touch

One of the CDL Home Pages is a hand crafted web page. Meaning I haven't a clue how to use Wordpress so I wrote all the HTML, CSS and Javascript by hand. I did learn a few new tricks such as Responsive Web Design. I'm hoping this will help with the page ranking (we're practically invisible). It's going to be a while before I try to update my other web sites. I spent a lot of time learning how to use Chrome's Dev Tools. Learned various methods of making pages responsive and learn a thousand different ways not to make a light bulb. The iterative process is not fun! Problem is I need to be the jack of many trades but expert of few. So I don't really fully understand the material before I need to jump to the next thing. I'd design a page 90% of the way and something would brake. A lot of time time the design work involved tables which don't seem to like being responsive. They always seemed to runoff the right of the page. The new flex stuff looks interesting but whenever I added the code that worked by itself to an existing page it stopped working. Something is not right there, I'm missing some detail. Anyway we can now use CDL's page on a variety of devices from full desktop browsers to watches (though I bet the text is still tiny). Now that I've done this, there's no one to brag to. So I just have to be happy in the knowledge that I made that page. Not a lot of satisfaction there. ;-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home