Monday, December 13, 2021

More Smart Home

Tonight (12/13), I'll again be bringing my Smart Home Demo Board to CDL. I'm still fighting with getting Ethernet 0 to lease an IP address (and fall back if it doesn't). Also the Bluetooth serial is driving me crazy! The raspi-config doesn't turn it off. It just enables the 'serial' port (which is Bluetooth). I'm now trying to decide if I can use the Bluetooth port as a serial port. I'll also bring the Sonoff ZigBee to WiFi bridge in hopes of installing the Tasmota firmware. And if I can find the dremel I might be able to cut some crude traces into a spare copper board for my EPS32 touch sensors. I have some on order but I'm interesting in how hard it is to make my won also. I do know about using chemical etch but I'm playing around with the dremel for quick and dirty prototyping. Just a learning experience. Let's face it it's almost as quick to order ready made or DIY a proto board and have it made by a PCB maker. Still good to know the levels of difficulty.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home