Monday, December 06, 2021

Step by step

In our exciting previous episode of The Never Ending Adventures of Rusted Rin Tin Tin Cup our intrepid hero ... Okay so this isn't a 1930's radio soap series. But last week I did bring the updated Smart Home Demo Board to CDL. Unfortunately all the previous week's work was for naught as I forgot to add the default fallback IP address to the DHCPCD setup. I also forgot to enable the serial port on the Raspberry Pi. So there was no accessing it. Everything was working but I couldn't access anything. :-(

I've now added the default fallback IP and enabled the serial port. So I should be able to demo that on Monday night (yea!). I'll try to get HASS loaded as I will eventually need to demonstrate that at TCF. So far HASS eludes me and I'm finding it very frustrating to get started with.

I now have the correct WiFi information for the Pi to the AP. I still need to work on the DHCPCD for the Etherenet and the WiFi. The Ethernet doesn't start up like I hoped. Once that's done I can connect my laptop and the Pi to the Demo board's AP and really do a proper demonstration. I do have access to the Pi via the Demo board AP and the serial console. So all is not lost. :-)

Some future projects are:

  • More work on the Demo and the presentation
  • Talkie Toaster - which will be used during the TCF presentation
  • Jetson Nano AI - I've not quite figured this one out yet so it's for learning now
  • Z-Wave Thermostat - This will actually be installed in the CDL building
  • ESP32 Touch switches - WiFi to MQTT to Node-Red. Basically WiFi wall switches

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home