Sunday, January 17, 2010

Asus EEE 1005HA review Pt 3

Oops, looks like this got posted to the wrong blog. This is a blog entry from Dec. 11, 2009. It is being reposted here.

So far I've had the 1005HA for about a month and I am pleased with it after the initial power supply problem. The replacement power supply is holding up very well though sometimes I find that it and the netbook get pretty warm. I've left XP on the system though I am being careful with what sites I visit. I've tossed a bunch of my tools such as Groovy, IntelliJ (I'm real happy with the 8.1 IntelliJ editor on Linux and Windows - woo-hoo, 9.0 was just announced). The primary use of the netbook has been browsing the internet, reading my books, a little multimedia and light application use. Video is choppy but that happens on all my machines so it's probably an access problem (too much latency?). Over all I am very pleased with the unit. The battery really does last a long time (6+ hours) when put into the correct mode. Hopefully I won't need to have any service done in it as that seems to be Asus's weak point.

1 Comments:

At 2/22/2010 10:06 AM, Blogger Neil Cherry said...

Well I've changed my mind on the Asus EEE 1005HA, in my opinion it sucks! The actual netbook portion of the unit is pretty nice though the small size of the netbook makes it difficult to use sometimes (add screen size). No the problem is the power supply. The second one died last night! I was recharging it and picked it up and nearly burned my hand. It was that hot! The first one did exactly the same thing before it died. So I no longer want anything to do with Asus. I've read the blogs and the service is a pain to deal with and now my two power supplies are dead. More on this to come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home