Sunday, December 21, 2014

Bits and pieces

Well the little bits and pieces are falling into place for my presentation. I still need to get a better description of "The Cloud" and how it relates to HA. Let's face it, the cloud's meaning depends on its application (and what marketing wants to say or not say ;-) ). I think I have some good material for the IoT and some of the protocols used.

On the HomeSeer (HS) front I have Monodevelop working and I have it compiling the HS sample plugins and the MQTT example. I'll need a bit more time to figure out how to turn the MQTT example into a HS plugin. At the moment I have HS setup with X10 (CM15A and mochad). Mochad is having problems and I need to debug the USB interface (grr). Hopefully I'll have the mochad Perl replacement script working soon and I'll have something I can demonstrate with. The Perl script shouldn't take too much longer. I just need the proper time to sit down and think about it.

On the subject of the IoT, my friend D gave me a Oregon Scientific LW301 wireless weather station as a Christmas present. From what I've seen this weather station connects to the internet and you get the information from Oregon Scientific's web page rather than from a locally server up page. I'm working on whether (weather? ;-) ) it is possible to pull out information from the device rather than the web. So far it doesn't seem so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home