Monday, April 27, 2009

Pretty good weekend!

This past weekend was the Trenton Computer Festival. Unfortunately the economy sucks and very few vendors came out. Even the 'junk yard' was smaller than in years past. There was a few things that I found that I was happy with. First I picked up a Heathkit Microcontroller Learning System (it has the Motorola 6808 on it). It still works, not bad for $10. Then there was the Netgear WGT624-V3 (unfortunately it can't run OpenWRT on it - RATS!), I found one for $20 but offered $10. I later found them for $40. :-) There was a huge portable Osborne 1 but I have no room for something that large. Other than that the show was a bust and I couldn't get my friends to stay for the conferences and robotics competition (ARGH!). I later heard that there was a computer show in Edison and they had a lot less than TCF! The economy really sucks thought there are plenty of signs of recovery in the area (despite the big three auto makers).

2 Comments:

At 4/27/2009 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6/02/2009 11:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I would like to get involved in helping build Linux based Home Automation systems but I have no idea where I could help out. Do you have any advice on how I can begin to help out in this community? Also, I found this a few days ago and thought that it might be something you would want to use as a touch screen interface: Samsung S3C2240. What do you think?

Jason

 

Post a Comment

<< Home